Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ticket Purchase

Although the clocks are turning back this week and the days have gotten shorter, our thoughts are firmly ticking towards summer as we've bought our tickets to Florence today. I've been checking different airlines, but in the end, came back to United, where we both have Mileage Plus accounts. Though Star Alliance partner Swiss Air would have been a tad cheaper, going through United.com, I've booked us on Lufthansa, an airline that I've always enjoyed flying in the past. We connect via Frankfurt, an airport I remember well when I was sent to Europe on business back in 1995. It was a cold and snowy winter's day and despite the efforts of a handsome and friendly flight attendant who called ahead on my behalf,  I missed my connection to Heathrow. Eventually getting to London, I had to settle for the middle seat in the middle row on a 747 - and my luggage remained somewhere in Germany for a few days before finding its way to my door in San Francisco. I must admit, despite being tired and cramped from my seat location, going through customs without any luggage does make it easier.

My mom, as always, hates the idea of flying but with the two major bookings for our second European tour completed, she can get through the frigid Boston winter knowing that summer brings another slice of the world that much closer.



1 comment: