Thursday, November 4, 2010

Top Models in Italy

One of both my mom's and my favorite guilty pleasures is watching America's Next Top Model. Crazy screaming girls on even more bizarre photo shoots is always good for a laugh. This cycle -Tyra doesn't call it a season-the "models" in the home stretch are in Italy, all vying for the grand prize of a contract and the cover of Italian Vogue. Beauty shots of the canals, Piazza San Marco and the winding small streets of the city fill the hour. I could comment on the photo shoot of the girls trying to seduce Casanova in groups of three, but I won't go there.

Watching these "beauties" eat, drink and wander around brought me right back to when I walked aimlessly through the streets of Venice, getting lost in its winding paths and bridges over gorgeous canals.

"Oh, I don't want to get lost," my mom said. "Maybe we shouldn't go there!"

So it begins - and it's only November.

1 comment:

  1. Get her a Garmin Navigator! It's going to be a looooooong winter!!! xo

    ReplyDelete