Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Three Months from Today

A short three months from today, I board my flight for Boston to spend a few days with my family before we leave for Florence. Even though she is by now a seasoned traveler, Rosemarie will still be a bundle of nerves, which I will have to either make fun of or calm down while I am there. I've already told her to shop for a new suitcase so we avoid a repeat of the luggage debacle of Paris.

In the next few weeks, I'll book our overnight stay in Venice and get the train tickets for our day trips to Rome and Pisa. For the heck of it, I should quiz her on the history of the Renaissance. For every right answer, I'll buy her another glass of wine. Oh wait, she doesn't drink more than one glass of wine, so I'd have to drink it for her. I think that's a fair trade off, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment