Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Can it be four weeks away?

For those of you coming along on this second journey of a lifetime with me and my mother, I hope I've whet your appetite with anticipation. Four short weeks from today (or four incredibly long weeks depending on my state of mind) I will be in Boston. The coming posts will, no doubt, be filled with pre-flight humor as Rosemarie gets ready to leave the country for the second time. For sure, I won't have us board any public transit once we land in Florence and my mother can rest assured that her beloved coffee fix will be met tenfold. We will speak the little Italian that we know and feast on the food that will no doubt bring back special memories of my grandmother as she baked and cooked with so much love so many years ago. Every step we take will remind us of where we've come from, how far we've traveled and how much there is still ahead to enjoy together.

No comments:

Post a Comment