Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Uffizi Made Easy

Today, so my  mom and I don't have to stand in line, I bought our tickets to the Uffizi Gallery. Since we arrive in Florence on Monday afternoon - July 4th - I thought we'd have our own little American Independence celebration that night, explore the city on Tuesday and spend Wednesday wandering the halls of the famous museum. Last year, tickets to the Louvre were the one thing I did not pre-purchase and we waited for some time to get to the counter. Although my mom did have fun talking with a little old lady behind her in line who then mysteriously disappeared from sight. It was very mysterious and spooky.

I love the art in the Uffizi. When I first went in 1999, I spent hours marveling at the works on display. The funny thing is that I never go to museums here - but in Europe, I could spend endless amounts of time in them. The gallery has an audio tour - but you can bet I'll still be able to hear my mother as she attempts to talk to me during the afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment