Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Countdown Is Reaching A Fever Pitch

The June gloom has lifted from the skies of Los Angeles and my anticipation for the start of my vacation has reached a new pitch. I've warned my co-workers that I will be pretty useless most of next Monday and Tuesday, so if they need something of importance they should get me this week while I am still somewhat concentrating on work.

My mother is headed out this weekend to buy the aforementioned artichokes and I can already taste their steamed and stuffed leaves. It's going to be made even more special because my high school partner in crime, Anthony will be joining us for dinner. I've lost count on how much food my mom has cooked the two of us and over 25 years later, she's pulling out all the stops again.

I best get running on the treadmill again and eat nothing but salad greens until I get to Boston. One thing's for sure - I'm not stepping foot on a scale for weeks after my return.  


1 comment:

  1. How fun to have artichokes waiting for you!! Hmmmm... I'll have to invite myself over sometime. All these years and I've never tasted Rosemarie's artichokes.

    You are a lucky man to have such a great Mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete