Monday, June 27, 2011

More Old Friends Ahead

It is finally the week I'm leaving for Boston and then the start of Travels with my Mom, Part Two will be in full swing. I'm a zombie in the office today - looking over our plans, making sure everything is in place before my flight on Wednesday morning to Boston.

In addition to be another great trip to Europe with Rosemarie, the Boston leg of my vacation is going to be full of more old friends. In addition to Anthony, my high school partner-in-crime (well, really not crime - the worst thing the two of us did was skip Psychology), our friend Dana is also joining us for dinner at my parents' house. My mom hasn't seen Dana since we all graduated, so it's going to be a fun feast of food and laughs.  As if that wasn't enough, my best girlfriend of my younger days, Dawn is going to be in Gloucester with her family. Dawn and I worked the headhunter scene when recruiting firms were all the rage. For years we cold called and promised high paying jobs to secretaries, nurses and receptionists while we scrapped by on commission. She remains the one girl I would have taken home to meet my mother - but then again, if I had, I probably would have wanted to wear her wedding dress, which was one of the most gorgeous gowns I have ever seen. At her wedding ceremony, I begged her if I could  wear it and I think I shocked every proper southern bridesmaid in her party.

Work is not high on my list for the next two days but, I fear, I will at least have to make a somewhat concerted effort to stay engaged. Somewhat being the operative word.




No comments:

Post a Comment